Work and travel
Work and travel is very popular among the generation from 18 to 30 year olds. It’s a great experience especially in a foreign country. New Zealand and Australia are very popular. When you go backpacking and work at the same time there are some thing you should know about.
Work and travel tips
For a complete work and travel checklist and tips you can to website http://www.travelschecklist.com/ here you can find everything you need every kind of journey you are taking.
- You need to have enough money ($5000) to eat, drink and sleep the first couple of weeks.
- You need a work visa. Otherwise you can’t get to work in Australia and New Zealand with the chance they won’t let you in the country. You can apply for one at the embassy in your country. It’s also possible to do this online. Take good care of the kind visa you apply for.
- You need a bank account
- Social security number
- Your passport
- Vouchers of the tours you booked in advance.
- Book your hostel for the first couple of days
- Don’t forget your insurance papers
- In some countries you need a letter of support. Check on the internet if it’s necessary for the country you’re going to visit.
- Your passport needs to be valid for at least 12 months
- No police record they can ask questions about it. There is even a chance with even a small misdemeanor they won’t allow you in the country.
- Be honest when they ask you questions about why you wish to enter the country.
- Check the weather beforehand so you can dress for it when your actually going.
- Personal luggage. Keep a chance of shirt in your personal luggage in case your luggage gets lost.
- Check the weight of your backpackers bag.
- If your planning to drive yourself. Don’t forget your drivers license.
- If you’re a student you can get student discount. Bring your student ID with you.
- VISA or CREDIT card in case of emergency. In most hotels you need to give them a credit card number for booking.
- Leave your travel information for the people who stay at home.
- And most important don’t forget your digital camera!!
Work and travel for the first time
Everybody who travels for the first time gets anxious and a bit stressed which is perfectly normal. I was to. I went 10 years ago and I’m still very enthusiastic about my experiences. In the Netherlands is http://travelactive.com very poplar. You travel in a group to your destination. They will help you the first few days along the way to get your social security number, bank account etc. They will give you a tour of the city of arrival, give you tips.
When you are settled and you feel like it’s time to explore the country. You can take traveling in a group to your advantage to get a travel buddy.
Work and travel
Most people like to experience work and travel in New Zealand and Australia. Unfortunately I couldn’t experience that. In time like the present it’s hard to get a job anywhere. But there is a solution to that problem. Empower Network offers a great opportunity to make money and travel at the same time. Which I couldn’t do when I went to New Zealand. Backpacking does cost you money. You can blog or keep a journey and make money at the same time. People read your blogs and share comments.
Online marketing experience and backpacking
If I could at the time. I would have done it. Now it’s your time to take action.